[Freeswitch-users] Delay Round Two...FIGHT!

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Mon Jan 14 18:29:02 MSK 2013

I had this EXACT problem on a single (or maybe dual??) core, single CPU FS
box.  I upgraded to QUAD core system and the problem went away immediately.
Mine was not on every call, but if there were just a few concurrent calls it
would happen.  That is what led me to the "lack of resources" conclusion.
In my case you could see in the FS log a 5 second or longer delay in the
actual connection of the RTP.

I have seen people give stats about FS handling thousands of calls per
second.  I have often wondered if they checked to see how long it took to
actually connect the RTP channels in those tests.  I am highly skeptical.
But I have no issues on a single QUAD core system.