[Freeswitch-users] Redundant Dial Plan in JS

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Mon Jan 14 06:22:42 MSK 2013

Hi,

This question stems from the fact that I cannot find a VOIP Service Provider
(VSP) that can connect outgoing calls truly reliably.  I have customers who
expect calls to go through just like good old ma-bell did -100% of the time
barring natural disasters.  You have to admit those guys set the bar pretty
high for us.

I was using Voip Innovations with decent success, but my users complain
every 2 weeks or so and I send the trace to VI. The standard response is
always "We have updated our route tables for that area."  I switched to
Vitelity where I was assured they have redundant paths and this could never
happen!  I have only confirmed it happening twice in the last 3 weeks!  Of
course one of those was during the demo of the new service I had just
installed for a new customer.

So, I give up.  My new approach is "VSPs cannot deliver consistent highly
reliable service - work around it!"

I know I want a dial plan that will check the bridge status and redial using
a different gateway (VSP) if it failed (not busy or no answer - failure).  I
am pretty sure the best/easy approach is a JavaScript "dialer" script to
handle this.

I have looked in the wiki for such a sample.  If it exists I have missed it.
So rather than "re-inventing the wheel"  I am reaching out to you all.  Does
anyone have a dialing script that checks for failure and redials on failure
or just continues to voicemail on no answer?  I will happily test and tweak
it and add it to the wiki if you have something to get me started!!!  If not
I shall take the plunge and get started! My ideal solution will dial, play a
message and redial on failure, maybe 2 or three times or play a failure
message and email me on excess errors.  I am leaning toward "Call
congestion, rerouting.  Please stand by"  while the new bridge is being
attempted.

Thanks,

Sean