[Freeswitch-users] Early media handling on outbound call

Hynek Cihlar hynek.cihlar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:28:16 MSK 2013

Scenario:
A call is originated to a mobile network. Mobile phone starts ringing and
is hung up. The mobile phone leg is pre-answered and early media is
returned saying that the caller is not answering. The message is playbed
back twice, than silence for cca two seconds and then ringing tone with the
actual phone starting to ring as well. The phone is hung up, early media
played back, etc...

The freeswitch console command used to originate the call is as follows:
originate sofia/internal/1%terminal_domain
&bridge({origination_caller_id_number=<some orig
number>}sofia/gateway/axfone/<the destination mobile number>)

My question is. Is this expected behavior? Should not the destination
server end the call after early media is played back? Or is it expected
from me to detect a silence and end the call? If so, what would be the best
approach to solve it, wait_for_silence?

Thanks for comments!
Hynek