[Freeswitch-users] Loopback Endpoint

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Sat Jan 12 22:20:44 MSK 2013

I was the one who added that "evil" warning to the Dialplan Tools page,
based on comments here from those who know. (The loopback page is devoid
of that remark and quite sparse at that.) I figured it would relieve
some additional support burden from the developers and steer users clear
of trouble with such a remark. At the very least, it should make them
tread more carefully when implementing loopback.

The current description on that page seems a bit off the mark:

"Possible to 'bridge' to other extension on same server"

I mean, FreeSWITCH can do that right out of the box between extensions
1000-1019 so loopback wouldn't even be needed for that operation.

As I understand it, loopback provides a temporary place-holder to
terminate a call until it can be disposed of to a "real" endpoint such
as voicemail or a B-leg. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Bote