[Freeswitch-users] sources for SIP hotline phone stations

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Sat Jan 12 06:24:37 MSK 2013

Sorry, I should have specified that I'm looking for a totally digital
VoIP alternative to the analog red phones. We already have a supplier of
red analog phones and we know about configuring analog to VoIP gateways
for ringdown private line.

I'm looking for a digital VoIP SIP phone that does not look like a
generic VoIP phone. A phone set that perhaps has no dial or generally
looks like a hotline phone that works well with a SIP switch like
FreeSWITCH.

Panasonic makes a KX-UT670, a rather cool-looking executive phone (with
an executive price to match) that has only a handset hook and a large
display. In fact, there is nothing on the phone but the display, you
have to write an Android application that the phone runs to do whatever
you need, from placing and receiving calls, video calls, and whatever
else. I had considered using that, but it aint cheap, plus it would
require a development effort that we're not prepared to handle at this
time. I also read that Panasonic wants to sell off some business units,
so who knows what the future of that phone might be?

I once saw a movie where the President's assistant reaches for a hotline
phone and it's nothing more than a generic looking gray Cisco desk phone
with a red HANDSET. It looked gorpy as can be, but I guess that's one
way of doing it.

I suppose that then I'd need to find a supplier of red handsets, or get
a can of red paint. :- )

Thanks for your ideas.

Bote