[Freeswitch-users] Early media without bridge

Seven Du dujinfang at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:24:35 MSK 2013

I think I understand Tamas as I have similar question.

I think the CHANNEL_BRIDGE event fires when you get media from the b-leg, and 2 CHANNEL_ANSWER event fired on both channels when the b-leg answered.

ignore_early_media on this case can prevent CHANNEL_BRIDGE from fire until the b-leg really answers the call.

however, In some cased we'd like the a leg hear the early media, but get the CHANNEL_BRIDGE when b-leg is really answer the call.

I thought it maybe impossible for now for the a leg to hear early media on a unbridged channel. Or maybe there's an option enable this I can't remember.

FS considers a call/bridge is "success" when get early media, e.g.

bridge user/b1|user/b2   when user/b1 sends early media it never has a chance to call user/b2. If user/b plays "the line is busy, please call later …. ", and the a leg can hear that will be helpful, and for a patient a-leg, it will eventually can b2 when b1 timeout.

the bridge user/b1,user/b2 case may be a little harder, what if both sends back early media, do we choose one to pass to the a leg, or mix them? or make a option to select it?

so I think Tamas' question is - is it possible to work exactly as the same as the ignore_early_media scenario, but let the a leg hear early media.

Thanks.

--
Seven Du