[Freeswitch-users] Bounty for - FS-4268 Sip trace with filter for IP or extension

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 00:03:32 MSK 2013

Current logging is the Sofia-SIP stack calling the sofia.c:logger()
callback for the transport log. At this level packets are not attached
to any call, so matching it to a call would require a 2nd parsing of
the packet and matching it based on Call-ID... it would be quite a
performance hit.

The callback functions where mod_sofia handles a packet matched to a
call receives the packet from the Sofia-SIP stack via the sip_t data
structure. This contains the parsed message, not the raw packet. This
makes it unsuitable for logging. I'm not sure if any other parameters
passed to the callback contain the raw packet, which would be required
to implement the feature. One of the mod_sofia developers would have a
better grasp of the Sofia-SIP API though.

-Steve