[Freeswitch-users] Kudos to the FreSWITCH team!

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Jan 3 19:09:59 MSK 2013

503 w/ Retry-After lol... Dialers ignore that one? Really? They would never
do such a thing...

The problem with Retry-after is how its implemented across the board... Not
everyone interprets it the same way... Sofia for instance by default if it
gets a 503 Retry After will HOLD that call for retry-after timeout, then
send it again to the same destination, it does not however prevent new calls
from going to the same gateway... (I found this little tid bit by accident
trying to figure out why certain calls were not route advancing... And this
is not something the FS developers did, but it was down deep in sofia)