[Freeswitch-users] Retrieving voicemail from home

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 26 06:50:43 MSK 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Steven Schoch <
schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com> wrote:

> My users are used to voicemail systems where you press a key (like #)
> during your greeting to be prompted for a password to retrieve voicemail.
>  Is such a method available in FreeSWITCH?

Yes. I believe the default value is "0" when they hear their own outgoing
message. The value can be adjusted in
conf/autoload_configs/voicemail.conf.xml. Look for this line:

<param name="login-keys" value="0"/>

What I don't know is if you can set it to more than one keystroke, like
"##" or somesuch. In any case, have fun tinkering with that value. Be sure
to reload mod_voicemail after making changes to that file.

> Also, is there a way to deny access to voicemail if their vm-password is
> set to "user-choose" and they haven't set one yet?

Yes. I personally just put a value into the database for the user(s) in
question. I use something like the following (keep in mind that you need to
define ${domain} or insert the proper value):

for I in `seq 1000 1019`; do
  sqlite3 /usr/local/freeswitch/db/voicemail_default.db "insert into
voicemail_prefs (username,domain,password) values
('$I','${domain}','12345');"
done

That sets the default password on all user VMs to "12345" for users 1000 -
1019. Use passwords and user ID's appropriate for your installation.

-MC

> --
> Steve

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org