[Freeswitch-users] Possible BUG in G729 negotiation

Flavio Goncalves flavio at sippulse.com
Mon Feb 25 17:08:49 MSK 2013

Hi,

I have searched the list, but I couldn't find a final answer for this case.
I'm receiving calls from a provider using G729 annex B.

INVITE
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000.
a=fmtp:18 annexb=yes.
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000.
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000.
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000.
a=fmtp:101 0-16.
a=rtpmap:19 CN/8000.

and FS is answering

200OK
m=audio 31388 RTP/AVP 18 101 19.
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000.
a=fmtp:18 annexb=yes.
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000.
a=fmtp:101 0-16.
a=rtpmap:19 CN/8000.
a=ptime:20.

If freeswitch  supports  only G729A, shouldn't FS refuse the call with 488
or suppress the line annexb=yes?

The audio quality is really bad when I receive calls in this way. After
removing the annexb on the gateway the audio is fine, but unfortunately I
can't remove from it from all VoIP providers terminating calls. For
outbound calls I simply removed the annexb, but for inbound there is no way
to do it.

Flavio