[Freeswitch-users] Problems with sip provider

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Tue Feb 19 16:55:02 MSK 2013

> To get a SIP trace from ADSL, is a little tricky but if you manage it here are
> the steps which may help,
>
> 1. Setup an OpenSIPS server as stateless proxy.

Yes, that would probably do it, but if I really have to go
trough all that trouble, I think I might just dump that
provider.

> Some security paranoid providers even do restriction based on your ADSL device's
> MAC address, which is issued and activated by them. Still there are ways to get
> into their network. All that matters is how badly you need that provider. ;-)

They do state that they do allow third-party equipment and systems,
they just don't provide any customer support for them, so I assume
they aren't blocking based on MAC address. But you never know...

	Julf