[Freeswitch-users] Storing CDR UUIDs in MySQL

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 02:47:11 MSK 2013

Ah, yeah that changes the playing field for sure.

The problem with CHAR is the INSERT speed though, and I've seen similar
issues on other builds too.. after you push past a few million rows, it
really starts to slow down.. If the database was in memory, it might not be
such an issue though.

In some ways it 'feels cleaner' using a separate table and then JOIN on a
BIGINT autoinc column, as the thought of JOIN'ing and GROUP BY on a BINARY
seems wrong.

Another option would be to take an SHA1 hash of the UUID, then convert that
from hex to bin, and put that in the BINARY field.. this way you can
guarantee each UUID will be the same size, not worry about changes in data
schema, and get the INSERT speed benefits of the BINARY too - thoughts?

Cal