[Freeswitch-users] Problem skype calls very bad in quality

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 13:44:36 MSK 2013

be sure to use 16khz sounds etc. Skype is 16khz.

Skype call would normally be superior in quality respect to a gsm call.

If you are using conference, be sure to be at 16khz.

Other than that, follow the wiki strictly, particularly about which
distro, and don't use virtual machines (eg real hardware has better
timing) or openvz containers. Obviously, don't use weak or overloaded
machines, and not 32 bit, or (horror!) machines with a graphic
interface :)