[Freeswitch-users] best freeswitch timer

Dmitry Lysenko dvl36.ripe.nick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 21:00:09 MSK 2013

В Срд, 13/02/2013 в 07:02 +0000, Peter Olsson пишет:
> I wouldn't worry too much about spikes of 200usec, do you have an actual problem with audio quality?
>
> /Peter
Yes, I experienced problems with audio quality. I use mod_gsmopen, it
work with hardware GSM modems via USB bus, and using timers in
channel_read_frame() function.
If work on reading of PCM frame will be done too late, this frame may be
dropped, if too early - CNG frame may be generated.
Adding a buffer increases the already large audio delay.
It seems I resolved this problem by switching to realtime kernel, adding
Flush() function to libctb serial library, and patching mod_gsmopen
AUDIO_SYNC accordingly.