[Freeswitch-users] High Availability Cluster Module for FreeSWITCH

Eliot Gable egable+freeswitch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 04:57:06 MSK 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:

> Eliot, for those of us not running our own network, which
> datacenters/colos  offer multiple networks/nics?
> e.g. amazon, rackspace, linode, softlayer..?
>
> It's not something I recall seeing mentioned...
>
> -Avi

Honestly, I have never utilized such services. I have always worked for /
with companies which run their own network. Regardless of what datacenter /
colo you use, you need to ensure you have redundant communications between
your nodes. This is true for *every* HA deployment. The way Sonus and other
providers do it is to use a physical chassis which provides the redundant
communication mechanism. When you do not have such a chassis, you must use
a separate network connection. When you have only two nodes, it's easy to
do a crossover cable between them. However, if you have lots of nodes, you
need an entirely separate network. That separate network only needs to
facilitate communication between nodes. It does not need Internet
connectivity.