[Freeswitch-users] Video conference

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Feb 13 00:33:44 MSK 2013

BBB is actually pretty awesome. It does have a lot of stuff going on
underneath the hood besides FreeSWITCH. I would recommend a quad-core at an
absolute minimum with at least 16GB RAM. (Hey RAM is cheap so stock up!) If
you're going to be using the screen sharing stuff in BBB then beef up the
CPU power - more cores and faster processors. The BBB guys can definitely
give you more details, but this should get you going.

On a personal note I just want to say that after talking to the BBB guys
and seeing what all they've done I am really impressed. They've glued
together a lot of open source giblets to make a really cool product and
they make it OSS to boot. (You can also get premium support, etc. if you
need it.)

Have fun!

-MC

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Mimiko <vbvbrj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12.02.2013 21:22, Ken Rice wrote:
> > That's more of a question for the BigBlueButton guys...
> >

> > On 2/12/13 1:16 PM, "Mimiko" <vbvbrj at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> What is the minimum requirements for a server to handle video conference
> >> with 40+ users on BigBlueButton software? Or is there other solutions
> >> which integrates with FS?
> >

> Yes, I know. I asked in case if someone here used it. And maybe used
> other solution. :)
>
> --
> Mimiko desu.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org