[Freeswitch-users] Terminating calls prior to answer using api

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:40:57 MSK 2013

You either answer a call with 200, redirect with 3xx, or give an error 4xx
5xx or 6xx... basically without answering your only option is to return an
error.

The specific error code can show a varying number of levels of 'error'
though. Some might be a perfectly valid result (eg 486 User Busy) while
other's imply a more serious error (eg 500 Server Internal Error). But
there's not really one for a successful unanswered call.

How your phone behaves on the various errors is really up to the SIP client
though. A generic unable to connect message doesn't sound very useful, I'd
expect different error tones depending on the response code.

-Steve