[Freeswitch-users] High Availability Cluster Module for FreeSWITCH

Eliot Gable egable+freeswitch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 07:00:59 MSK 2013

The beauty of the module is that it will not require any 3rd party
software to operate. I am designing it to run entirely in-memory using
multi-cast events to communicate between cluster nodes. No external
database will be required to enable the automatic fail over and call
recovery.

If you have your customers / clients using DNS to point traffic to
your system and you run multiple master nodes with DNS performing load
balancing, you can also make use of the maintenance mode I have
planned which will use a separate IP address and update your DNS
records to remove the master which you put into maintenance mode and
put in the maintenance IP which is assigned to the slave node which is
being promoted as master. This allows calls to drain off the master
while new calls come up on the slave, and then you can gracefully shut
down the master when all calls are finished. Once you are done with
maintenance, you simply bring it back online and it comes up as a
slave or a master as needed (according to your configured master /
slave ratio). The IP which it was using as a master node becomes the
new designated maintenance IP. This is the only case where a 3rd party
software package is required, and it is an optional feature.