[Freeswitch-users] mod-curl POST

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Thu Feb 7 06:21:42 MSK 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:

> The docs says this;
>
> curl url [headers|json] [get|head|post [url_encode_data]]

The [headers|json] is all about the response format.  Just to make sure
that is clear.

get/head/post should be self-evident

url_encode_data is supposed to be the url encoded version of what you want
to send to the server.  It is encoded on purpose (so that we don't have to
worry about embedded spaces or other special chars).

So, you really just need to do:

curl http://example.com/ post encodedxmlhere

> So, I assume you'd just do.
>
> curl http://example.com/ post xml=encodedxmlhere

This will result in www-url-encoded with key/value pair with xml as key and
the encoded xml as the value.  This may be what the OP wants, but I think
what he wants is just XML.

Note that the content-type will still be application/x-www-form-urlencoded
which is "wrong".  I've written xml service endpoints that behave
differently based on the content-type.  Depending on how your service is
written this may be ok or not.  There is an open ticket to address the
content-type issue.

http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4714

--
-Rupa