[Freeswitch-users] Reg. Freeswitch Performace on Freescale Board

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:20:29 MSK 2013

That depends on the version of linux, the kernel version and several other
factors.

Were you actually moving media when testing, what tool are you testing with?

On 32 bit you should make sure you have the stack size at 240 (ulimit -s
240 before starting)
Also you may need to add the -lp or -np startup flags to reduce the
realtime threads.

asterisk also uses blocking reads in its rtp stack where we have timers.
 You can disable the timers as documented in the wiki..

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Varghese <p.varghese at cem-solutions.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
> We are facing following observations/issues with freeswitch on freescale
> processor boards.
> We ported freeswitch with freescale provided tool chain.
> _*Freeswitch Configuration: version 1.2.6 (git version)*_
> 1. Only enabled mod_sofia, mod_dialplan, mod_command,mod_dptool and
> mod_console.
> 2. set the ulimit options and followed the steps in the following link
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Performance_testing_and_configurations
> 3. SIP test tool run the load test for 500 users  in freeswitch and
> configured the dial plan to just bridge the channels
> 4. Freeswitch media processing is in default mode: i.e media will go
> through freeswitch
> _*Freescale Board Configuration:*_
> CPU : 1GHZ  PowerQUICC III, 32 bit
> RAM: 1 GB
> Linux- 2.6.32
> Load test is conducted for SIP to SIP calls with RTP.
> _*Observations:*_
> Linux TOP command shows increasing CPU usage per call and increases to
> 100% with only 90 calls. After that system response is very slow
> We could also found delay in media.
>
> _Surprisingly, with Asterisk 1.8 the same system configuration works 250
> calls without any problems.
> _
> _*Questions:
> *_1. Any one ported Freeswitch on Freescale or any embedded processors?
> Any performance figures or references will be appreciated
> 2. How many simultaneous calls can be possible with 1GHz PowerQUICC III
> processor ?
> 3. Any more settings are required in freeswitch or linux for scalability?
>
> Thanks And Regards
>
> Varghese Paul

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II