[Freeswitch-users] SIP SRV failover behavior

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Mon Feb 4 20:11:52 MSK 2013

Not really the answer, but...

There's a gateway param called "ping", e.g:

<!--send an options ping every x seconds, failure will unregister
and/or mark it down-->
<param name="ping" value="25"/>

Then if it's marked down (via 202 or 404
perhaps<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia.conf.xml>),
any bridge string referencing that gateway will know it's down before
contact it and move on. (with error code NETWORK_OUT_OF_ORDER)

You can see that showing up in the logs, and I think in the gateway status.
I don't see a command to manually re-ping the gateway.

-Avi