[Freeswitch-users] Lync and Openfire Integration

Vinay V vinay.in333 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 09:23:14 MSK 2013

Hi All,

We are in process of integrating Microsoft Lync with Openfire (Ignite
Realtime).

Using the default procedure documents available in the Google to do the
same did not help us to accomplish it.

*Default procedure like using Microsoft XMPP gateway.*

* *

*My present test lab is having 2 Microsoft Domain Controllers.*

* *

*Two domain controllers are smart.lab and test.lab. *

* *

*Domain controller smart.lab contains MS LYNC 2010.*

* *

*Domain controller test.lab contains Openfire.*

* *

*MS Lync edge is having two nics (one internal and one external) and it’s
not joined to domain. MS OCS XMPP GW 2007 R2 server is having one nic and
even this is not joined to domain.*

* *

*Tried a lot but was not successful.*

After browsing a lot in Google came across Freeswitch application which
will help us to proceed further.

Through the blogs came to know that XMPP servers can be integrated with
Freeswitch.

As I am new to this this tool, unable to understand the concepts.

If any anybody have tried integrating Lync with Openfire using Freeswitch
are requested to provide me the inputs (Docs/URL) to proceed further.

 Thanks & Regards

* Adarsh P M*