[Freeswitch-users] [OT] How do I port my home phone number to a SIP address?

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Mon Dec 30 07:15:09 MSK 2013

I'm not sure if it's the same case in the US as Australia, but if we
port a number here, the phone line is disconnected as part of the
porting process. That's no big deal if you don't need the phone line,
but if you've got a DSL service, you may lose that as well and you'll
have to order another DSL service after the port is completed.

Check with your provider to verify the actual process involved, so
there's no surprises.