[Freeswitch-users] Grandstream DP710 & DP715 Working Configuration

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Fri Dec 27 21:50:05 MSK 2013

Hi All,

I didn't see any references to these GrandStream DECT phones in the archives or wiki.  I was able to get them working with some minor problems.  The "Primary Sip Server" and "Secondary Sip Server" fields in the setup work great with IP Addresses.  However, they do not like MY DNS names as they a have underscores in them.  My FS is multi-tenant so connecting by name is quite critical.  GrandStream identified the problem as the underscore and says it will be fixed in the next firmware release.

Anyway, here is a quick review of the phones.  The DP715 is the "base station" for the DECT handsets and comes with one handset.  It can support 5 handsets and 4 concurrent calls.  Each handset is a unique SIP Registration.  The voice quality is decent with no background noise.  I was a little disappointed that the handsets have no speaker phone or headset options, but that is not so critical in home environments.

The price is REALLY good, roughly $65 for DP715 and $35 for each additional DP710.  I have only just started looking into these, but that is FAR cheaper than the CISCO offering.  Even though the CISCO devices are much more expensive, they offer much more like an FXO and FXS port on the base.  I hope to try them soon.

Overall I give the DP715/DP710 3 stars for features (out of 5) and 4 stars for performance.

My Directory settings for these phones are:
    <user id="XXXXXX">
      <!-- house line on Grandstream DP715/DP710 -->
      <variables>
        <variable name="outbound_caller_id_name" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
        <variable name="outbound_caller_id_number" value="XXXXXXXXXXX"/>
        <variable name="internal_caller_id_name" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>
        <variable name="internal_caller_id_number" value="221"/>
        <variable name="user_context" value="from-internal-XXXXXX"/>
        <variable name="sip-force-contact" value="NDLB-connectile-dysfunction"/>
      </variables>
      <params>
        <param name="password" value="XXXXXXXX"/>
        <param name="manage-shared-appearance" value-="false" />"
        <param name="NDLB-force-rport" value="safe"/>
      </params>
    </user>