[Freeswitch-users] How to register sip phone in VOIP Disabled Areas

Mehroz Ashraf mehroz.ashraf85 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 19:46:40 MSK 2013

Great suggestion. since in Pakistan , we have only port 5060 blocked on
Tandum Level . Therefore, changing the SIP port , other than standard port
can be a way around. However, some of the ISPs filters on DPI and can be
identified even if we use SIP on any other port. In this case, as mentioned
above, SIP over TLS is a best match.
SIP over TLS hide your signaling but there is always a chance of RTP
traffic being monitored in some cases. If you are identified as carrying
RTP stream over your network, there is a chance of blacklisting of your IP.

VPN is a work around for both cases. But the introduction of delays and
high bandwidth consumption is a "not so good" ! Specially when you have
bulk of traffic over your network.