[Freeswitch-users] Build ubuntu package

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sun Dec 22 05:07:30 MSK 2013

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.co.uk> wrote:
> The packages in the FreeSWITCH repo do indeed work on Ubuntu.
>
> Do you really need to build the packages yourself?

Sometimes you want to run on a *speciffic* git revision and not what's
pushed up to the servers each release.

Also, when I'm running in production, I need to be 100% sure I can
recreate everything with deployment scripts (salt). I can't assume
that FreeSWITCH's file or git servers are up. So, having the source
locally and being able to build debs at a known git hash provide that
(if needed).

Just a few thoughts on why you *might* want to build.

Best,
Gabe