[Freeswitch-users] Bad audio with playback application

I put the Who? in Mishehu mishehu at freeswitch.org
Fri Dec 20 21:52:14 MSK 2013

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I've not heard of any
issues between running FreeSWITCH on a kernel with ticks of 250 versus
300 versus 1000.  If you are using 20 ms ptime, then there are a total
of 50 packets for every second, for which running at 250 should be
sufficient even under load.  This (the kernel ticks Hz setting) has
nothing to do with the accuracy of your underlying timing source, which
in a virtualized sysem such as Amazon EC2, is far more problematic for
exactly the reasons that Tony already stated.  The ticks in the kernel
are dependent as well on a reliable timing source.

-Yossi