[Freeswitch-users] uuid_setvar prefixing

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 22:04:42 MSK 2013

All variables in all events are always prefixed with variable_ to discern
variables from other headers in the event.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Callum Guy <callum.guy at x-on.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When using inbound ESL method uuid_setvar I understand the variables will
> get prefixed with "variable_" such that...
>
> uuid_setvar chan123456 MyVar MyVal
>
> ...reports in the next event as:
>
> [variable_MyVar] => MyVal
>
> My issue is that i'm building an event based system that stores custom
> channel data using this operation and i don't want user entered variable
> names overwriting exiting channel data.
>
> I am counteracting the above concern by simply adding my own prefix to all
> set/get operations but I am still interested in finding out the
> significance of these variables and if its only FreeSWITCH modules (i.e.
> "playback_terminators" for playback application) that populate those in
> the "variable_" list or if these are used deeper in the core as well?
>
> Any further information would be really useful, thanks,
>
> Callum
> ______________________________
>

> Callum Guy
> Developer
>
> X-on
> Framlingham Technology Centre
> Station Road, Framlingham,
> Suffolk, IP13 9EZ
>
> T       0333 332 0116
> E       callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
>

> X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company registered in England and Wales
> Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD
> Company Registration No. 2578478
>
> This email has been sent from X-on.The contents and attachments are confidential to the sender and the intended addressees.If the message
> is received by anyone other than the addressee please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from
> your computer without copying or disclosing the contents to anyone.Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this email are those of
> the sender and do not bind X-on unless confirmed by authorised representatives independently of this message.While best endeavours have
> been taken to avoid transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to scan for these.Please note emails sent to and from X-on
> are routinely monitored for record keeping and quality control, to ensure regulatory compliance and prevent unauthorised use of our systems.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH
☞ irc.freenode.net #freeswitch ☞ *http://freeswitch.org/g+