[Freeswitch-users] Authenticated users still using public context

Nathan Samson nathan at nathansamson.be
Sun Dec 15 18:16:45 MSK 2013

Hi,

I fear I am going to ask a very stupid and/or commong question, but after
searching the internet I stil lcoudln't find the answer.

My Setup
 * I have users in the directory (see an example configuration at the
bottom of this mail)
 * Authenticated users should be able to use the default Dialplan
 * I want my DID provider to be able to make calls to me, it should use the
public Dialplan / context. My DID provider is mydivert but that seems to be
irrelevant.
 * I only have one SIP Profile (external) which has as default context
public. All my users are connecting from the internet and not from the
local network, so the internal profile would not make sense (or am I wrong?)

My problem is that calls from nathan at sip.radarwerk.be are NOT using the
default context, but are using the public context.

2013-12-15 15:04:53.206937 [DEBUG] switch_core_state_machine.c:117
sofia/external/nathan at sip.radarwerk.be Standard ROUTING
"2013-12-15 15:04:53.206937 [INFO] mod_dialplan_xml.c:558 Processing nathan
<nathan>->1999 in context public"

The user nathan in the directory has user_context set to default, so I do
not get why this is happening.
See below for my configuration.

[root at sip freeswitch]# cat directory/default/nathan.xml
<include>
  <user id="nathan" number-alias="1200">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="**"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="toll_allow" value="domestic,international,local"/>
      <variable name="user_context" value="default"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value="Nathan Samson"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="1200"/>
      <variable name="outbound_caller_id_name" value="Nathan Samson"/>
      <variable name="outbound_caller_id_number" value="1200"/>
    </variables>
  </user>
</include>

Anyone an idea why the user_context is ignored? I am happy to provide my
complete configuration. But basically I am using freeswitch-config-rayo
1.2.16 from the CentOS  6 repositories with some small modifications
(mainly adding mydivert gateway, my users and my custom extensions in the
default directory).

Regards,
Nathan