[Freeswitch-users] Latest FreeSWITCH pull and Lua

James Mortensen james.mortensen at synclio.com
Thu Dec 12 03:05:12 MSK 2013

Hello,

I just ran git pull and rebuilt FreeSWITCH, and now Lua is unable to locate
the LuaXml library.

module 'LuaXml' not found:
no field package.preload['LuaXml']
 no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/LuaXml.so'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/loadall.so'
 no file './LuaXml.so'

and another:

module 'LuaXml' not found:
no field package.preload['LuaXml']
 no file './LuaXml.so'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/LuaXml.so'
no file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lua/5.1/LuaXml.so'
 no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/LuaXml.so'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'

Note that in /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1 there is a LuaXML_lib.so, but no
LuaXml.so.

Those are example of one of the many error messages the system has been
spitting out at me.  Tt's complaining about not finding a LuaXml.so despite
none actually existing on the box and despite following the instructions in
the wiki.

I already followed the instructions in
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_lua for installing LuaXml via the
luarocks package manager, so since that didn't work I tried including the
library manually from the luaxml website.  Although the lua on the box can
run the test.lua script successfully, I am not having luck in FreeSWITCH.

I also tried recompiling from scratch running the bootstrap and configure
scripts.  No luck.

I've also tried installing both Lua 5.1 and Lua 5.2.  I realize the wiki
shows 5.1 being used, but I already tried that and moved onto trying other
things.  Still working on trying to figure out what happened, but wanted to
see if anyone else is having any trouble with this as well.  I realize Lua
is embedded in FreeSWITCH, so I'm a bit confused about why it can't find
the library.

Using lua 5.2 on the box, I can run the test.lua script that users the
library, what version of Lua does FreeSWITCH use?  I'm not convinced it's
using an embedded version of Lua based on the fact that I see it trying to
use the paths from the Lua installed from apt-get.

James