[Freeswitch-users] Caller ID Name = Outbound Call

Roger Castaldo roger.castaldo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 20:58:14 MSK 2013

Hi everyone, I am having a difficult time with an idea that I thought made
sense in my head but apparently isn't working how I think it should and
need to know what I am doing wrong.

I originate a call using the event socket
originate {userid=1234,execute_on_answer='transfer
call_user_into_conference_123456 XML
public',ignore_early_media=true,origination_caller_id_name='1234',originate_timeout=120,origination_caller_id_number='1234'
}user/1000 &park()

This should and does execute the extension
<extension name="call_user_into_conference">
      <condition field="destination_number"
expression="^call_user_into_conference_(\\d+)$">
        <action application="playback" data="conference/8000/welcome.wav"/>
        <action application="conference" data="$1 at wideband"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

when I answer the phone, testing the call, it plays the file then moves me
into the conference which is perfect.  The problem is I have code
monitoring Caller-Caller-ID-Name and that gets moved to Outbound Caller
some time between me answering the call and conferencing it, I have tried
setting effective_caller_id_name and such but it still changes my caller id
name to "Outbound Call".  Any advice on how to fix this would be awesome.