[Freeswitch-users] Detected energy & floor in mod_conference

Aaron Seelye aseelye-lists at eltopia.com
Thu Aug 29 22:26:20 MSD 2013

With callers in a conference, if I do a 'conference list' on the fs_cli,
I can see the members in a conference and who is talking, but the
'energy detected' field is always at 0, even though the minimum energy
is set at 300 (changing the energy threshold doesn't seem to affect
detected energy, it's always at 0).  Is this something that has gone by
the wayside, is slated for implementation later, or am I just reading
the wiki wrong?  Is it possible to detect the volume at which individual
members are talking?

Also, what is the significance of 'floor'?  All I can find via google is
some references to video conferences.  Does this have any effect on
audio-only conferencing?

TIA,

-Aaron