[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question for remote office

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 23:46:21 MSD 2013

Does the REGISTER succeed, but calls routed to the user fail?

NAT is probably your issue. Read
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/NAT_Traversal

In particular check the Contact header of the REGISTER arriving on the FS
host - it should contain the public IP not the phone's internal one.

Enabling STUN on your phones is probably your best bet providing the phones
support it.

If you can't fix the NAT traversal, then a site-to-site VPN could sidestep
the NAT issue entirely.

-Steve