[Freeswitch-users] Configuration of freeswitch with Acme Packet Session Directors and BroadWorks

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Tue Aug 27 05:34:44 MSD 2013

Running into an issue with getting a configuration up and running with a provider.

Setup is a broadworks backend, fronted by Acme packet directors at the provider. The trunk is set up with a pilot
userid, and configured with the various TNs on the trunk.

Inbound calls to each of the DIDs are working without issue.

Outbound calls will only work at this point if they configure IP authentication as a workaround.

Have tried with and without the extension-in-contact/extension parameters, which had no effect on the outbound calls,
but broke inbound due to it mapping everything to the single extension.

Net symptom is that on an outbound, it does an invite, gets a 100 trying, and then a 403 forbidden. It never gets a 407
proxy auth required in response to the invite. The register request/interaction works fine though.

Does anyone have this type of setup deployed that can suggest any config options/etc? I don't have any details of the
configuration on the provider side, but if there is something specific, I can ask.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       nneul at mst.edu
Missouri S&T Information Technology    (573) 612-1412
System Administrator - Architect