[Freeswitch-users] CN and VAD for freetdm (ftdm)

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Thu Aug 22 03:26:28 MSD 2013

I'm testing outbound calls over a land line from a  Digium, Inc. Wildcard AEX410 card and I get the
beginning of words cut off.  This appears to be something like VAD going on, but I don't see any
settings for ftdm.

My understanding is that VAD and CNG are off by default - and as per the demo?

And the silence is too silent (no CNG) .. I don't see anything about CNG or VAD in any of the ftdm
setup info?

Could this be from echo cancellation?

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
-- Mark Twain