[Freeswitch-users] Public and default context question

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Fri Aug 16 15:28:01 MSD 2013

Hello,

I just started to play around with FreeSwitch, and I have a couple of questions.

Is the default context only used for devices which are registered with FreeSwitch?
If I have a Carrier which communicates with FS through a public IP and a Kamailio SIP Proxy which communicates with FS through a private IP address, both will use the public context right?

My goal is to configure FS as a SBC, and I see there is a sbc directory in the ../conf folder, but when I change the pre-process value to point to sbc/freeswitch.xml, I'm not able to start freeswitch anymore.
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="sbc/freeswitch.xml"/>

There are no devices(IP Phones for example) which will register with FreeSwitch, so basically I won't be needing the default context, correct?

Regards,

Grant