[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

Brian Foster bdfoster at davri.com
Tue Aug 6 11:54:01 MSD 2013

Fresh build on a bare metal Dell Precision 490 running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit,
latest v1.2.stable (5 min ago). When I try to run freeswitch, I get:

freeswitch:1 freeswitch: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I've since deleted everything in /usr/local/freeswitch and
/usr/local/src/freeswitch, and ran the install again. Still have the same
outcome.

The same version was built on another server, no issues. What could be the
problem? Anything I can do to mitigate the issue?

Thank you,

Brian Foster
Project Manager/Owner's Representative
Davri Investments, Incorporated