[Freeswitch-users] Can't call from Firefox 22 to Freeswitch using sipml5

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 20:59:07 MSD 2013

Hi Gustavo,

i think there am more than one Problem with WebRTC + sipml5 + Firefox 22
(or higher).

First, i saw an dtls error and many "use 1.0.1e openssl" hints.

You can check this with openssl client. Here a good and a broken example:

openssl s_client -dtls1 -connect webrtc.freeswitch.org:7443
CONNECTED(00000003)

openssl s_client -dtls1 -connect some.broken.host:7443
CONNECTED(00000003)
write:errno=111
no peer certificate available
No client certificate CA names sent
New, (NONE), Cipher is (NONE)
Secure Renegotiation IS NOT supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : DTLSv1
    Cipher    : 0000
    Session-ID:
    Session-ID-ctx:
    Master-Key:
    Key-Arg   : None
    Krb5 Principal: None
    PSK identity: None
    PSK identity hint: None
    Start Time: 1375716502
    Timeout   : 7200 (sec)
    Verify return code: 0 (ok)

Then you can check https://webrtc.freeswitch.org/sipml5/ with Firefox 22.
It works like a charm.

I thought then, maybe some voodoo was made on the sipml5 code. But there
was a few settings insert. And i test exact the same sipml5 code with my
test WebRTC FreeSWITCHes, it doesnt work with Firefox.

Only Chrome works.

In Firefox Webdeveloper Console i got only an SDP Warning of the sipml5
Client:

({name:"INVALID_SESSION_DESCRIPTION", message:"Could not negotiate answer
SDP; cause = ERR | SDP Parsing Error:  Warning: Unrecognized attribute
(msid-semantic)  | SDP Parsing Error:  Warning: Unrecognized attribute
(ssrc)  | SDP Parsing Error:  Warning: Unrecognized attribute (ssrc)  | SDP
Parsing Error:  Warning: Unrecognized attribute (ssrc)  | SDP Parsing
Error:  Warning: Unrecognized attribute (ssrc) ",
__exposedProps__:{name:"rw", message:"rw"}})

Maybe the developers give us another hint?

Cheers...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
*Karsten Horsmann*