[Freeswitch-users] Call Intercept

Frank Busalacchi Jr frankjr at mcpeekdodge.com
Sun Aug 4 19:42:10 MSD 2013

Thanks for the replies.

First off, I got my scripting languages confused.  My intercept script is actually done in perl, not lua (See below).

Also,

                Loyd said: “I use this way and it always works session:execute("set","intercept_unbridged_only=true")”

I’m trying to make my intercept script be able to intercept any call that is either ringing, or on hold.  I don’t want to be able to intercept a live call.  If I set “intercept_unbridged_only” it seems to me that  I will be unable to pick up a ringing call?  Worth a try though…

Chris said:  That channel variable was fetched in the routing state before the lua application was executed.   You can either transfer to a new extension to execute the intercept or execute the intercept in the lua script.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are referring to the “intercept-uuid” variable I am setting in the perl script.  I agree with you regarding the routing state vs. the execute state, but In the pastebin that I posted, line 259 shows that the perl script has made its choice of what UUID to “intercept”, and in line 299, the XML dialplan actually calls intercept with the UUID the script suggested.  Also,  I originally was calling intercept in the perl script, but when I couldn’t get it to work, I switched to the combo method below in a desperate attempt for success.  Am I misinterpreting this somehow?

***** XML Dialplan Portion of intercept.... *****

<include>

    <extension name="intercept-ext">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^\*\*(\d{4})$">
        <action application="set" data="intercept_unbridged_only=false"/>
        <action application="set" data="intercept_unanswered_only=false"/>
        <action application="perl" data="${base_dir}/scripts/myintercept2.pl $1"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="intercept" data="${intercept-uuid}"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="2000"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

</include>

****  Perl Script to find UUID of extension to intercept *****

use strict;
use Switch;
use Data::Dumper;
use XML::Simple;
use POSIX qw(strftime);
our $session;

{
    my $debug = "true";

    my $dest_target = $ARGV[0];
    my $api = new freeswitch::API();

    my $uuid = $session->getVariable('uuid');

    my $detailed_calls = $api->executeString("show detailed_calls as xml");
    my $xml = new XML::Simple;
    my $chan_xml = $xml->XMLin($detailed_calls,KeyAttr => 'row', ForceArray => ['row']);

    my %candidates;
    my $reTarget = "sofia\/internal\/(sip:)*" . $dest_target . ".*";
    my $result;

    #--------------------------------------
    if ($debug eq "true") {
        freeswitch::consoleLog("INFO","\n----------intercept debug info-------------\n");
        freeswitch::consoleLog("INFO",$detailed_calls);
        freeswitch::consoleLog("INFO","\n----------end intercept debug info-------------\n");
    }

    #-- Loop through all the rows from show detailed_calls and put em in a hash...
    #--  Ringing lines are our first choice so make sure their hash key is "sortably" lower than a held call
    #--  Since we will sort the hash, and take the first sorted entry as the uuid to snag...

    foreach my $row (@{$chan_xml->{row}}) {

        if ($row->{callstate} eq "RINGING" && $row->{name} =~ $reTarget ) {
            $candidates{ $row->{created_epoch} - 1000 }  = $row->{uuid};

            if($debug eq "true") {
                freeswitch::consoleLog("INFO","Found intercept candidate.\nRINGING line for target:" . $dest_target .
                                       " uuid:" . $row->{uuid} . " call-uuid:" . $row->{call_uuid} . "\n");
            }
        }

        elsif ($row->{callstate} eq "HELD" && $row->{name} =~ $reTarget ) {
            $candidates{ $row->{b_created_epoch} } = $row->{b_uuid};

            if($debug eq "true") {
                freeswitch::consoleLog("INFO","Found intercept candidate.\nHELD line for target:" . $dest_target .
                                       " b_uuid:" . $row->{b_uuid} . " b_call-uuid:" . $row->{b_call_uuid} . "\n");
            }
        }

        elsif ($row->{b_callstate} eq "HELD" && $row->{b_name} =~ $reTarget ) {
            $candidates{ $row->{created_epoch} } = $row->{uuid};
            if($debug eq "true") {
                freeswitch::consoleLog("INFO","Found intercept candidate.\n  HELD line for target:" . $dest_target .
                                       " uuid:" . $row->{uuid} . " call-uuid:" . $row->{call_uuid} . "\n");
            }
        }
    }

    if( keys( %candidates ) == 0) {
        $result = "[Intercept] No suitable channel to intercept on extension $dest_target.";
        freeswitch::consoleLog("INFO","$result\n");
    }
    else {
        my $user = $session->getVariable('caller_id_name');
        my $cid_num = $session->getVariable('caller_id_number');
        my $winner_uuid;

        for my $winner ( sort keys %candidates ) {
            $winner_uuid = $candidates{$winner};
            last;
        }

        $session->setAutoHangup(0);
        freeswitch::consoleLog("INFO","INTERCEPT called by Ext:" .$cid_num. " INTERCEPTING Ext:" .$dest_target. " uuid:".$winner_uuid . "\n");
        $session->setVariable("intercept-uuid",$winner_uuid);
    }
    return 1;
}

-F