[Freeswitch-users] Resource used on server for conferencing

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Sun Aug 4 03:35:24 MSD 2013

you only have to send a query to the list once... Someone will eventually
respond if they know the answer

So now...

If you have calls coming into FS via FlowRoute, there is no difference
related to resources based on if its a landline or a cellphone, there could
be differences based on what codec is actually chosen (ie: G711 is less
costly in CPU performance then G729 or other compressed codecs)

Flowroute is not doing the conferencing, either your freeswitch box is, or a
local phone is doing the conference... If you are using mod_conference there
is cpu and ram usage for each call.. How much depends on various settings
etc...

Of course there is a bandwidth component for each call...

I would suggest getting the FreeSWITCH book, and start there, and probably
vising http://www.siptutorial.net/ and get a basic understanding of how VoIP
works in general

On 8/3/13 5:48 PM, "Mahendra Bhegade" <bhegades at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using flowroute to access incoming calls and then conference additional
> phones using flowroute SIP gateway.
>
> I would like to understand what resources are being used on the server that is
> hosting the conference calls.
>
> Now if flowroute is handling all the call what resources are being consumed on
> the freeswitch server.
>
> CPU, bandwidth, what else ?
>
> If these are cellphone versus landlines does it make any difference ?
>
> Please share some insight.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org