[Freeswitch-users] Alarm, KISS OFF

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Mon Apr 29 22:15:50 MSD 2013

Speaking of alarm systems over VoIP, here's a story of an alarm company
that was sued by the estate of a murdered woman because her alarm system
failed to notify the central station when the attacker broke in. It turns
out she had switched to VoIP a few weeks earlier, which caused problems:
http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsc/documents/alarmorg_VoIP.pdf

Here's something from an alarm company:
http://www.thealarmcompany.com/files/voip%281%29.pdf
And from another alarm company:
http://bentleyalarm.com/why-voip-is-bad-for-your-alarm-system/

Bottom line: I'd think really hard before switching an alarm system to
VoIP. When we switched the company to VoIP, I was able to get a very
inexpensive measured line for our alarm system. (We also use it for
incoming FAX, because it works.)

--
Steve