[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch not replying on port according to srv-record

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 21:05:18 MSD 2013

Hi There,
 have you looked at <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3263.txt>, and in particular section 5 on page 11?

IIUC, you're asking for an SRV lookup when the server sends a 100 trying back towards the UAC.

For the terminally lazy, here's the second paragraph of 3263 section 5:
   A server, according to RFC 3261 [1], will send a response on the
   connection it arrived on (in the case of reliable transport
   protocols), and for unreliable transport protocols, to the source
   address of the request, and the port in the Via header field.  The
   procedures here are invoked when a server attempts to send to that
   location and that response fails (the specific conditions are
   detailed in RFC 3261). "Fails" is defined as any closure of the
   transport connection the request came in on before the response can
   be sent, or communication of a fatal error from the transport layer.

I'm assuming that the via in your INVITE did not include a port, so the UAS should send it back to the default port, according to 3263.
If it did have an explicit port value, then I'd kinda guess that that's where it would be sent.

i.e., it looks to me like fS is performing as the SIP standard requires.

all the best,
  Lawrence