[Freeswitch-users] ringback and transfer_ringback ignored by FS

Adam Raszynski netcentrica at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 19:03:39 MSD 2013

Hi

Scenario:
- SIP only
- inbound call, hits dialplan
- call answered, some IVR used
- call bridged to selected department

The problem is, that I would like to play music on hold while trying to
bridge. FS seems to completely ignore custom ringback settings:

<action application="set" data="ringback=myfile.wav"/>
<action application="set" data="transfer_ringback=myfile.wav"/>
<action application="bridge"
data="{ignore_early_media=true}sofia/internal/x at y" />

tried also with:

<action application="bridge"
data="{ignore_early_media=true,transfer_ringback=myfile.wav,ringback=myfile.wav)}sofia/internal/x at y"
/>

and

<action application="set" data="ringback=myfile.wav"/>
<action application="set" data="transfer_ringback=myfile.wav"/>
<action application="ring_ready" />
<action application="bridge"
data="{ignore_early_media=true}sofia/internal/x at y" />

All with no success. I see in console that variables are set, but for some
reason FS ignores them and there is no audio while bridging.

At the same time I can play/stream sound file before bridge, but this
operation is blocking and stream can not be run in background so it can't
be used for MoH purpose.

Any hints what should I check or how to achive nonblocking MoH?