[Freeswitch-users] PRI channels suspended

Akash Deep Verma akashdeep.co at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 14:45:07 MSD 2013

Hi Ashish,

This is a hack but you get what you need.

This is because, whenever retry attempt is made 1 channel per pri get
started, as there are 30 channels and retry attempts are 3 so the channels
that freeswitch load is in between 3-6, so I increased retry attempt and
complied it again. As I got rid of this error but it takes some time to
load the pri channels (30*10 = 300seconds(5 seconds) max).

Also, remember if you dial a call in between restarting phase you may face
some error. To avoid this, dial call only after all pri channel get started.

Here are the steps:

In freeswitch source:
Edit libs/freetdm/src/ftmod/ftmod_libpri/ftmod_libpri.h

1. Decrease timeout of channels.
#define T316_TIMEOUT_MS_DEFAULT     30000   /* 30 sec */

change this to

#define T316_TIMEOUT_MS_DEFAULT     10000   /* 10 sec */

2. Increase attempts to 30.
#define T316_ATTEMPT_LIMIT_DEFAULT  3

change this to

#define T316_ATTEMPT_LIMIT_DEFAULT  30

3. Increase maximum limit as according to default(set more than that of
default)
#define T316_ATTEMPT_LIMIT_MAX      10

change this to

#define T316_ATTEMPT_LIMIT_MAX      35