[Freeswitch-users] Stale channel that cannot be killed, session created from a running Lua scripts.

Johny Kadarisman Kwan jkr888 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 23:34:43 MSD 2013

I have lua 'background' script that wake up every few seconds, and check to
perform specific task, one of it to established call.
Calls are then initiated then transfer to some extension in dialplan. The
scripts has been running and works as expected.
But after session ended(hangup), channels is not released and can be seen
using cli "show channels". and trying to kill such channel result in "-ERR
No Such Channel!"

This seems being reported before, but I can't seems to find any resolution.

Following simple script could replicate the issues :

freeswitch> luarun SimpleDialer.lua

=================== SimpleDialer.lua

local threadName = "SimpleDialer"

while true do

        freeswitch.consoleLog("info", threadName.." ticking\n")

        -- task run here
        local new_session =
freeswitch.Session('sofia/gateway/vox/+150<%2B15085895115>
88888888')
        new_session:transfer("echo", "XML", "default")

        freeswitch.msleep(60000)
end

============= dialplan entry

    <extension name="echo">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^echo$">
              <action application="echo" data=""/>
      </condition>
    </extension>