[Freeswitch-users] Java ESL example for outbound connection

Hector Geraldino Hector.Geraldino at ipsoft.com
Tue Apr 9 20:24:29 MSD 2013

Why are you taking such a complicated approach? Wouldn't it be simpler (and better) to just leverage on 3rd party libraries (such as netty) to handle everything related to sockets and forking processes (or triggering new threads), and focus on what your application actually has to do?

I would recommend you to take a look at the Java ESL Client library [http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Java_ESL_Client], a java nio (netty) library that can help you to accomplish what you're trying to do. When working in outbound mode, FreeSWITCH will establish a new socket connection for each incoming call, and you don't really have to worry about handling the sockets as every new connection is handled in its own thread.