[Freeswitch-users] T316 timed out, resending RESTART request

Martyn Davies martyn at magiccow.co.uk
Mon Apr 8 16:00:40 MSD 2013

The RESTART is sent out for PRI (and ISDN) when the signalling is
first established, or the link to the switch needs to be restarted.
If the switch does not respond to RESTART (and the timer T316 expires
- IIRC this is a long timeout), then no channels will be available for
calls.

The first thing to check I think is that your PRI board is definitely
set to the right variant of signalling protocol, so that it matches
that at the switch/provider.  There are many variations of protocol
(NI-1, EuroISDN etc), and if there's a mismatch it could be that one
end or the other is using RESTART to try to recover the link after
some kind of failure.

Tell me, do any calls go out at all? Or is it that some calls go out,
then you get congestion?

Regards,
Martyn