[Freeswitch-users] One of my extensions Caller ID says Anonymous!

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Thu Apr 4 23:28:21 MSD 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:

> Indeed, outbound_caller_id_name is just a variable.
>
> To use it you have to tell the dialplan to set effective_caller_id_name=${
> outbound_caller_id_name}.
> effective_caller_id_name IS a variable that actually gets used.
> (The default dialplan does this.)

I'm sorry, I should have explained it better.

I do use the method in the default dialplan that sets:
 effective_caller_id_name=${outbound_caller_id_name}
and
  effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}
for outgoing calls through the gateway (Flowroute).

The annoying issue is that while the outbound_caller_id_number gets sent
correctly, the outbound_caller_id_name gets lost somewhere between the
gateway and my POTS line, which seems to use a CNAM lookup instead.  I have
been told that this is because many parts of the PSTN do not pass the
"NAME" part of the Caller-ID.

--
Steve