[Freeswitch-users] Regeneration of DTMF

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Wed Apr 3 21:32:25 MSD 2013

I can probably explain the issue to you, but I don't really know how to fix
it:

1) Leg A comes in with inband.
2) Your leg B does start_dtmf and detects the inband dtmf.
3) You bridge to leg C which negotiates rfc2833. It gets the rfc2833 events
from leg B.

But! start_dtmf can't remove the dtmf from the leg A. So the leg A inband
dtmf is ALSO being passed along. This however is only a problem if leg C
has start_dtmf too. The default dialplan only triggers start_dtmf if there
is no rfc2833 negotiated. But don't count on remote parties to do the
same....

-Avi Marcus
BestFone