[Freeswitch-users] Best SIP phone?

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Thu Sep 6 20:21:17 MSD 2012

Hi all,

I have tried many IP phones and nothing comes close to the audio quality of a Polycom. I use a VVX1500 and everything is top notch, but it doesn't suit me entirely.

1. It's touch screen and I'm blind.
2. It's always a pain to restart the phone anytime you make a change in the provisioning configs. It's great in a corporate environment, but not so much for experimenting.
3. There isn't many ways to interface with the phone… E.g.: trigger a dial out from your computer's address book.

I tried Snom a couple years ago and the audio quality was not good, with plenty of echo on speakerphone and buggy firmwares. Cisco is pretty much out of the question because of their closed configs and Linksys is pretty low end if my recollection is correct.

What can you recommend that is stable, versatile, open and good quality?

Cheers,
Emrah